Sunday, March 2, 2008

Au revoir à Toulouse...



We had to say goodbye to Toulouse today. It has been an amazing six weeks -- so many new friends made and so many new places visited. We were sad to say goodbye to our apartment, which we loved, but of course it was harder to take leave of the people we've become close to here. It is such a warm and sociable city -- puts even California to shame!  

I haven't yet mentioned my English/French conversation group, which I joined as soon as I arrived in Toulouse. The most important event of my last day here was saying goodbye to these friends. Most of them are French, and they meet once a week in a tearoom to practice their English. I had gone expecting to practice my French (and did at times-- they were very kind), but it was nice to feel like an expert in something once a week! I am already receiving emails from several of them and am honored to have so many French pen pals.


On Saturday morning, March 1, Steve and I said our goodbyes to this sweet city from inside a taxi on our way to the SNCF Gare Montabiau, where we boarded the TGV (high speed train) for Paris.

No comments: